1 small half-ripened breadfruit
1-1/2 cups milk
1 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp. grated nutmeg
3-4 bay leaves
2 tsp. vanilla essence
1. Wash and cut the breadfruit into quarters and remove the heart and seeds.
2. Remove the skin with a sharp knife. Put the breadfruit in a pot with enough water to cover the pieces.
3. Put the bay leaves and cinnamon into the pot. Steam the pieces on medium fire until they are soft.
4. Remove pieces from the pot and blend with milk, vanilla, sugar, nutmeg and blend until smooth.
5. Pour mixture into a pitcher, chill for about two hours, then serve.
6. (add a little rum if you like)