2 lbs goat meat
2 tbsp Jamacian curry powder
2 stalks of scallions
1/2 tsp salt
1 scotch bonnet pepper(optional)
3 cloves of garlic
2 sprigs of fresh thyme
2 small carrots
2 small irish potatoes
2 tbsp butter (or 4 tbsp cooking oil)
1. Cut meat into small pieces.
2. Chop up onions, garlic, scallion, thyme, and pepper (do not use seeds – extremely hot)…leave pepper out completely if you cannot stand the heat.
3. Wash carrots and slice into small circular pieces.
4. Peel potatoes and dice into small pieces.
5. Seasoned meat with onion, garlic, scallion, thyme, pepper, carrots slices, potato pieces, and salt(to taste). Let seasoned meat sit for a couple hours (optional- can start cooking right away if you choose).
6. Melt butter or pour oil into large skillet, frying pan, or dutch pot.
7. Pour curry into melted butter or hot oil and “burn” for about 15 seconds.
8. Pour in seasoned meat and stir until all the meat is covered with the curry.
9. Cover pot and cook slowly on a low flame.
10. Add water as necessary until meat is cooked.
11. Allow gravy to evaporate until nice and thick.
12. Serve over rice and peas or white rice with vegetables on the side.