2 cup white flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 large dry coconut
2 oz butter
1 cup cold water 2 cups brown sugar
2 tbs vanilla
1 teaspoon grated nutmeg
2 tbsp water 1 teaspoon of salt
1. Mix flour, salt and baking powder.
2. Cut butter into small pieces, add to flour along with the cold water...and work in to flour until the mixture looks like bread crumbs...let it sit for about 20 minutes.
3. Cut up and grate coconut
4. Roll flour mixture into a nice smooth pastry, flatten out and cut into small circles circles.
5. Shape these flour circles into small cups and use your finger to squeeze the edge into 6-8 little crimps.
6. Place the flour cups on a greased tray and bake partially in an oven for about 10 minutes at 350 degrees farenheit.
7. Mix grated coconut, sugar, nutmeg, vanilla and 2 tbsp water in a saucepan and cook gently for about 10 minutes.
8. Add the butter and cook for another 5 minutes.
9. Place the mixture in each flour cup (shell) and bake for another 20 minutes