2 cups of dried cococonut (cut into small pieces)
2 cups brown sugar
2 tbsp vanilla
1 teaspoon grated nutmeg
3 cups water
1.Cut up coconut very small pieces
2. Chop up ginger in a blender.
3. Combine water, sugar, ginger, and coconut in large pot and bring to rapid boil.
4. Reduce the flame from high to medium and boil until the mixture thickens.
5. Add nutmeg and vanilla and use a large spoon to continously stir the mixture to prevent it from burning or sticking to the pot.
6. Continue cooking the mixture until it the sugar caramelize…adding water as you go. Sugar will begins to form at the bottom of the pot and the mixture will become very difficult to turn. At this point, reduce the flame to the lowest setting.
5. Use a tablespoon to spoon the mixture and drop it on aluminum foil (banana leaf if you have it).
6. Leave to cool and enjoy.