1. Wash sorrel and place it in a mixing container that can hold hot water.
2. Grate the ginger and Add it to the sorrel.
3. Boil water and pour on sorrel and ginger.
4. Allow the combination to sit for about 4-6 hours.
5. Strain off the the sorrel sepals.
6. Add a dash of rum and sweeten to taste.
7. Add optional rum and or wine.
8. Serve with ice cubes.
Sorrel is also known to be a sedative, a diuretic, a tonic, a folk remedy for cancer, high blood pressure, mild bladder infections, and nausea.
It is also effective against fever, stomach cramps, inflammation, common cold, and bronchial complaints.
The added ginger is also a stimulant, Remedy for diarrhea, cold, chronic bronchitis cough, gas, and nausea.