one 2 1/2 pound chicken
1 handful of fresh thyme
3 Scotch bonnet peppers
1/4 cup ground Jamaican allspice seasoning
5 stems of green onions (chopped scallion)
1 1/2 tbps coarse salt
1 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
1 cup diced white onion
2 Tbsp. fresh garlic (crushed)
1 small bowl of pimento seed soaked in water
1 small bowl of pimento chips soaked in water
1 small bowl of pimento leaves
4-5 small pimento woods that can fit on half of your grill
2 habanero peppers
3 jalapeno pepper
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tbsp nutmeg
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 cup Orange juice
1/4 cup ginger
1 tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp vinegar
2 tbsp sugar
1. Put all the essential ingredients in a blender, plus any additional optional ingredients you decide to use and whiz until smooth.
2. cut up your chicken into four quarters
3. Place chicken in a large bowl and marinade with the Jerk spice.
4. Let chicken it sit in the spice for a least 4 hours, preferably 24 hours until properly soaked.
5. Wrap soaked pimento seeds and chips in aluminum foil and place on the hot side of grill to produce smoke… This is essential for the final flavor.
6. Soak the pimento leaves for about 1 hour and place them on grill away from the heat so that they will steam slowly.
7. Place wood on top of steaming pimento leaves away from the heat so that they don’t get burned.
8. Place chicken on top of wood.
9. Close grill and let it cook slowly for about 2-3 hours until all the juices have drained out and it’s fully cooked.
9. Enjoy with bread, festival, or rice